To see more photos view our Gallery
Beautiful Kauai’i Rental Home
Pua Hale is an enchanting Japanese style one bedroom Poipu Beach vacation rental home close to Poipu resort areas, The Sheraton Kauai, the Waiohai Marriot and The Hyatt Regency. It is located on a quiet residential dead-end street about 2 1/2 blocks from Poipu Beach. There are no crowded condominiums and hotels near Pua Hale. It is your own private house near all the resort areas but is surrounded by a high wall and fence on a quiet dead end residential street. Wonderful swimming is a 5 minute walk away at the Waiohai side of Poipu Beach.
When You Wake up...
Your bedroom has sliding shoji doors and a very comfortable, queen bed. It opens into a large living room with queen sized sofa bed, and a dining area. You can see the lovely walled garden from the bedroom and hear the soft waterfall sound (you may turn it off if you do not like the sound of falling water) You will enjoy the large sunken Japanese style bathtub/shower, big enough for two. The kitchen is completely equipped right down to the finest garlic press and food processor. There is a cable TV, free WIFI, VCR, DVD, stereo with tape & CD player, and numerous books on Hawaiiana and Kauai.On a sunny Poipu morning, you will wake up to the sound of a small Japanese waterfall in your completely enclosed, walled garden filled with tropical flowers (Anthurium, heleconia. spathphyllum and others. Rates start at $975 a week or $139 a day by the week... see rate page
- Full house air conditioning available but hardly anyone needs it because Pua Hale is very cool .... it has double insulated roof and walls and fans and is surrounded by trees and is cool throughout the year.
- Linens Provided
- matching linens and bedding - pillows provided are both down and foam depending on what you like- memory foam on dense firm mattress.beach towels provided.
- Washing Machine
- private washer& dryer-in private laundry room in back of the house
- Parking Off Street
- a paved parking area behind Pua Hale is provided
- Clothes Dryer
- private washer& dryer-in private laundry room
- Queen bed is very comfortable...dense foam matress covered with memory foam...sofa bed in living room is also queen sized and futon is double bed size
- Sleep Sofa /Futon
- A queen sized sofa bed in the living area...we also have a folding double futon
- folding futon double bed
- Hot Tub
- Pua Hale features a large tile sunken Japanese style tub/shower furo big enough for two-also includes a shower. There is no jetted tub because a furo is supposed to be quiet. and peaceful
- Video Library
- ask owner for DVDs ....I have a large collection..some also in Pua Hale
- Music Library
- Has i-pod playerStereo System Satellite Or Cable CD DVD VCR Kitchen
- Full Kitchen
- new stove, built in microwave and refrigerator everything you need to make a gourmet meal...includes microwave, food processor, blender, coffee maker, coffee grinder, good pots and pans and baking dishes- a very complete kitchen right down to a special garlic press
- Cooking Utensils
- Everything you need to make a gourmet meal
- New bottom freezer with ice maker
- Your lanai is surrounded by a wall and features a lovely garden withw antherium and other flowers and a Japanese bamboo waterfall which falls gently onto the rocks.
- lovely walled patio or lanai as it is called in Hawaii...beautiful garden with Anthurium and a bamboo Japanese waterfall
- Gas/Electric BBQ
- we have a large gas grill and a smaller hibachi also
- Outdoor Grill
- small charcoal hibachi
- Beach View
- though totally fenced and private, when you walk outside you can see the ocean from the street in front of Pua Hale-a 5 min walk. to Poipu beach park itself and great swimming, snorkeling and boogie boarding.
- Ocean View
- when you leave the walled garden and go into the street you can see the ocean.
- free high speed internet is available...if you need to check something on the computer and you forgot yours...you can use my office computer after hours.
- private phone for Pua Hale-# provided upon confirmation of booking. Also has an answering machine.
- Hot Tub
- (Japanese furo)Pua Hale is very private space located on a half acre property with many trees and flowers...you can not see the outside world from Pua Hale or the walled garden.
- Small children could have a problem...Pua Hale features a real Japanese sliding shoji door which could easily be damaged and antique Japanese furniture
- A wheel chair will not fit through bathroom door. There is a level entry and the unit is on one floor with no steps from the street.
- you may smoke on the street side of Pua Hale...owner is sensitive to smoke.
- Age Limit
- 7 years or older-fragile antique tansu and sliding Japanese shoji doors.
- Pets Considered
- Tennis Hiking Fishing Fitness Center Wind-Surfing Swimming Mountain Biking Cycling Surfing Sailing Golf Snorkeling/Diving Sight Seeing Horseback Riding Cinemas Restaurants Museums Health/Beauty Spa Shopping Shelling Boating Kayaking Wildlife Viewing Other Activities -world famous botanical garden, National Tropical Botanical Garden, nearby, great surfing two blocks away at Poipu Beach /Waiohai & Brennickes Beach, wonderful sandy swimming beach two blocks away at Waiohai, windsurfing at Mahaulepu, wonderful hiking along the Mahaulepu coastline, many good restaurants nearby, horseback riding at CMJ stables along the Mahaulepu coastline.